4 min. walk from Keihan Mainline "Tambabashi Sta."
a Kyomachiya facing Kyomachi St.
Fushimi Ward, located in the south of Kyoto, is one of the leading sake brewing areas in Japan that has gained its fame since the Azuchi-Momoyama period. The property introduced this time is in such a location - the town of Fushimi, which is steeped in history and culture.
According to the house valuation records, this property existed as early as 1903 and has been watching over the changing townscape of Fushimi.
The nearest stations are Keihan Tambabashi Station (limited express stop) and Kintetsu Tambabashi Station, providing easy access to the city center, Osaka, and Nara.
an extraordinary space where you can forget the passage of time and live in a slow and quiet atmosphere
Although the image of Kyomachiya is often dark, this Machiya has a wide frontage of approximately 6.1m and a courtyard, making the interior bright and airy. The Hibukuro aisle, earthen floor, Yamato ceiling, and other features retain the appearance of the original construction.
The site area is approximately 186sqm. The Tatami room in the back facing the courtyard offers a luxurious view of the lush green garden. The garden at the back of the house is about 76sqm in size, which is large enough for gardening lovers or those who want to start house-farming with their family.
the origin of Kyomachiya - "coinciding work and residence" lifestyle
This is a large Machiya that can be used as an office or store, or as a house for both business and residential use.
Often when one tries to renovate a large Machiya with a typical layout, it is easy to make bold changes to the floor plan and lose the good qualities and uniqueness of old buildings and the characteristics of Kyomachiya.
This type of large Machiya is ideal for a residence that also serves as an office, atelier, café, or other types of stores while inheriting its historical value.
Part of the building has been demolished with interior materials removed so the pillars, beams, and structural foundation can be seen.
Although the building has deteriorated and needs repair, its original architectural style is well maintained and the old fixtures and pillars can be reused.
※Click thumnails to enlarge photos.
From the property, it takes a 4-minute walk to Tambabashi Station on the Keihan Line and a 5-minute walk to Kintetsu Tambabashi Station on the Kintetsu Kyoto Line, making it convenient for commuting to work, school, or simply going out. Supermarkets, convenience stores, and other living facilities are within walking distance.
Known as the "local kitchen", the Otesuji Shopping Arcade has been developed as a castle town with a history of more than 400 years following the construction of Fushimi Castle by Hideyoshi Toyotomi. The arcade now is a convenient shopping district in front of the station where you can find everything you need, including supermarkets, grocery stores, restaurants, and various financial institutions.
Otesuji Shopping Street, convenient for daily shopping (approx. 6 min.walk/415m)
Teradaya, a historical inn house associated with Ryoma Sakamoto
Ryomadori Shopping Street and "Yamoridou", a store serving local craft beer and Japanese tea
Fushimi town lined with sake breweries
Sightseeing flat-bottomed boat "Fushimi Jikkokubune Boat Cruise"
Fushimi Minato Plaza, a waterfront park with greenery such as cherry blossoms
Drag/Swipe the screen, or click the arrows on the screen to tour.
- Property Price
- 70,880,000 JPY (Approx. USD *1JPY= USD)
- Type & Conditions
- Used House (Kyomachiya)
- 95-1 Kyomachi-Gochome, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto
- Approx. 4 min. walk from Keihan Railway Mainline "Tambabashi Sta." Exit 5 (West), a limited express train stop
Approx. 5 min. walk from Kintetsu Railway Kyoto-line "Tambabashi Sta." Central Exit, a limited express train sto
Approx. 6 min. walk from Keihan Railway Mainline "Fushimi-Momoyama Sta."
Approx. 6 min. walk from Kintetsu Railway Kyoto-line "Momoyama-Goryomae Sta."
- Land Area
【Actual】186.07sqm (approx. number)
- Private Street Area Included
- Floor Area
- 【Registered】1F: 58.51sqm, 2F: 31.40sqm, Total: 89.91sqm
【Actual/Tape measured】1F: 86.89sqm, 2F: 24.25sqm, Total: 111.14sqm (approx. number)
※Including unregistered area
- Building Structure
- Two Storey Wooden House
- Building Date
- Unspecifiable (the earliest record in the house valuation records is 1903)
- 5 Rooms + Kitchen + Garden
- Adjoining Street
- Street width: 6.31m (public street), Frontage: 6.10m, Direction: East (approx. number)
- Public Utility
- Electricity, Water Plumbing In/Out, City Gas
- Land Use District
- Category 1 Residential District
- Legal Restrictions
- 15m / Category 2 Height Control District, Quasi-Fire Prevent District, Old Urban Type Aesthetic District, Outdoor Advertisement Category 4 Regulatory District (as stated in Advertisement Category regulation 11-1-6), Built-up Urban District, Residence Attraction Area
- Current Situation
- Building Coverage Ratio
- Floor Area Ratio
- Land Category
- Residential Land
- Land Tenure
- Geographical Features
- City Planning Act
- Urbanization Promotion Area
- Notification According to National Land Utilization Law
- Not Required
- Elementary School
- Fushimi Itahashi Elementary School (approx. 6 min. walk/470m)
- Junior High School
- Fushimi Junior High School (approx. 7 min. walk/535m)
- ※The property will be handed over as is.
※Renovation work is required due to it's aged deterioration.
※This property has obtained Kyo-machiya profile.
※This property is regulated by the Escarpment Regulations.
- Transaction Terms
- Hachise as a Seller (No agent commission required)
- Sales Representaive
- (EN) Aya Kita/Boa Zhang/Kae Motokado
(JP) Masanori Yanagiuchi
- Information Updated
- Sept. 20, 2022
- Information will be Updated
- Sept. 26, 2022