Kodaiji Temple South Unrenovated Kyo-machiya
The unrenovated Kyo-machiya introduced here is quietly located at the end of an alley facing the street behind Ninenzaka (about a 1-minute walk/80m).
Just one turn off the street and you will feel a peaceful atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of Ninenzaka.
Higashiyama, Kyoto, one of Japan's world-class areas and the most popular destinations for both domestic and international tourists. Despite the area around Yasaka Pagoda and Kiyomizu Temple being located in the center of Kyoto, it is surrounded by beautiful and abundant nature, showing a variety of stunning scenery throughout the four seasons.
The neighborhood is dotted with many long-established Japanese ryokan inns and ryotei restaurants, cafes, and stores in renovated Kyoto machiya houses. A bustling area with a year-round flow of people, from cherry blossoms season in spring to autumn leaves period in fall.
Ninenzaka slope (approx. 1 min. walk/80m)
One of the paths leading to Kiyomizu Temple. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the hill and rows of traditional houses.
Hokanji Temple (Yasaka Pagoda) (approx. 5 min. walk/370m)
Houkanji Temple is known as the "Pagoda of Yasaka", and is a symbol of the Kiyomizu area. It is within walking distance from the property.
Sannenzaka slope (approx. 2 min. walk/150m)
On the way to Kiyomizu Temple, Sannenzaka is lined with numerous souvenir shops, restaurants, and variety stores.
Approach to Kiyomizu Temple (approx. 5 min. walk/350m)
This street is busy all year round with tourists visiting KiyomizuTemple. It is fun to take a stroll and look around the stores.
Yasaka Shrine (approx. 10 min. walk/800m)
Yasaka Shrine is the main shrine for the Gion Festival, a big summer festival in Kyoto. Known as "Gion-san" by the locals, it is a popular spot for both domestic and international visitors.
Gion-Shirakawa area (approx. 19 min. walk/1450m)
A neighborhood that is famous for its elegant streetscape and cherry blossoms in spring. Although it is a little far, it is a good place to walk if you want to explore the streets and stores that are typical of Kyoto.
There is a staircase from the dining room and kitchen leading to the basement, which is perfect for a wine cellar or a store room.
The house can be freely renovated to make use of its quaint appearance. Apart from a residence, it can also be used as a second house like a hideout for sightseeing in Kyoto.
※Click thumnails to enlarge photos.
Drag/Swipe the screen, or click the arrows on the screen to tour.
- Property Price
- 120,000,000 JPY (Approx. USD *1JPY= USD)
- Type & Conditions
- Used House (Kyo-machiya)
- 350-30, 350-31, 350-32 Kodaijiminamimondori-Shimokawarahigashiiru Masuyacho, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto
- Approx. 8 min. walk from Kyoto City Bus "Kiyomizumichi Stop"
Approx. 17 min. walk from Keihan Railway main-line "Gion-Shijo Sta." Exit 1
- Land Area
- Private Street Area Included
- Yes / One-fifth of 60.34sqm (alleyway)
- Floor Area
- 【Registered】1F: 57.52sqm, 2F: 35.04sqm, Total: 92.56sqm
【Actual/Tape measured】1F: 88.1sqm, 2F: 43.53sqm, Total: 131.63sqm
current with basement: 7.18sqm (approx. number)
・including unregistered area
- Building Structure
- Two Storey Wooden House
- Building Date
- Unspecifiable ※The earliest record according to the house evaluation report is 1925
- 7 Rooms + Dining-Kitchen + Storeroom + Outdoor Storage + Basement + Garden
- Adjoining Street
- Street width: 2.69m (Not a road in law), Frontage: 7.75m, Direction: North (approx. number)
- Public Utility
- Electricity, Water Plumbing In/Out, City Gas
- Land Use District
- Category 2 Residential District
- Legal Restrictions
- 12m / Category 2 Height Control District, Scenic District Category 3, Kiyomizu Temple Special Preservation and Improvement District, Preservation Area for Historic Landscape, Close View Preservation Zone, Distant View Preservation Zone, Prior Consultation Zone, Local Landscape Creation Consultation District (Ichinenzaka, Ninenzaka, Kotonimoerukai Association), Outdoor Advertisement Category 2 Regulatory District, Housing Land Development Construction Regulated Area, Conservation Area
- Current Situation
- Building Coverage Ratio
- 40% (according to the Scenic District) / 60%
- Floor Area Ratio
- Land Category
- Residential Land
- Land Tenure
- Geographical Features
- City Planning Act
- Urbanization Promotion Area
- Notification According to National Land Utilization Law
- Not Required
- Elementary & Junior High School
- Kaisei Elementary & Junior High School (approx. 15min. walk/1200m)
- ※This property is unrebuildable. You cannot rebuild any architectural structure on this land when the existing one is demolished or collapsed. » Check here for more about rebuilding prohibited lands
※Renovation work is required due to it's aged deterioration.
※The seller is not liable for any defects.
※The property will be handed over as is.
※This property is regulated by the escarpment regulations.
- Transaction Terms
- Hachise as a Broker (Agent commission required when concluding contract)
- Sales Representatives
- (EN) Aya Kito / Boa Zhang
(JP) Yu Murata
- Information Updated
- Jan 23, 2023
- Information will be Updated
- Jan 30, 2023