Japanese Mansion in Kitayama
Introducing a Japanese mansion located in a quiet residential area with a good living environment, about a 6-minute walk to subway Karasuma Line Kitayama Station and within walking distance to the Kamo River.
The neighborhood is known as one of the best educational districts in Kyoto, with many cultural facilities such as the Prefectural Botanical Gardens, Kyoto Institute Library and Archives, Kyoto Concert Hall, and Kyoto Prefectural University.
As the Kamo River is about a 12-minute walk (about 900m) away, this is an area with rich nature and beautiful seasonal changes close at hand: cherry blossoms in spring, fresh greenery in summer, autumn leaves in fall and snowy landscapes in winter. In an 8-minute walk (approx. 620m) there is the Nakaragi-no-Michi, a famous cherry blossom viewing spot, and the Kyoto Botanical Gardens (Kitayama-mon gate).
With a total floor area of approx. 149.77sqm and a site area of 159sqm, this wooden house is a Japanese-style mansion with a garden. Through the well-maintained garden, the interior fittings, and the refined furnishings, you can feel the carpenter's meticulous handiwork down to the smallest detail.
Passing through the front garden and entering the entranceway, you will find a 2sqm Japanese-style room called "Yoritsuki". Originally used in the tea ceremony, it is also known as a welcoming place for the guests before entering the tea ceremony room.
This is a beautiful home built with the owner's particular attention to details.
The Japanese-style room immediately after the entrance is designed in the Sukiya style, and the kitchen and bathroom are equipped with supplies from famous manufacturers such as kitchenhouse, Miele, GROHE, etc., creating a modern structure in which Japanese and Western styles are well-blended in harmony.
On the 1F is a south-facing spacious living room of approx. 22.5sqm which is bright and sunny during the day. At the end of the hallway from the kitchen are the bathroom and the powder room, allowing you to move around efficiently. On the 2F, a 10.5sqm room, an 8sqm room (with walk-in closet), and a storage room are located which provides ample storage space.
Since the house is kept in clean and good condition, you can move in immediately and use it as is.
designed by: ARCHVISION inc.
※Click thumnails to enlarge photos
Along Kitayama St., which has a different charm from the traditional Kyoto atmosphere of Arashiyama and Gion, you can see line-ups of modern cafes, fashionable general stores, and long-established shops. MALEBRANCHE, founded in 1982, is one of the most famous confectionery stores in Kyoto, and its "Cha-no-Ka" (green tea langue de chat/cookie) is a popular souvenir among Japanese and foreigners.
In winter, the church along Kitayama St. is lighted-up with illuminations, and events such as gospel concerts and special divine services are held for your fantastic experience.
The Karasuma Subway line offers convenient access in all directions, from Kitaoji Sta. to Shijo Sta. in 9 min. and Kyoto Sta. in 13 min., making the area a convenient location for commuting to work and going out on holidays.
This property can be considered not only as a residence but also as a vacation house as your home-from-home in Kyoto.
Drag/Swipe the screen, or click the arrows on the screen to tour.
- Property Price
- 108,000,000 JPY (Approx. USD *1JPY= USD)
- Type & Conditions
- Used House
- 25 Kamigamo-Sakakidacho, Kita Ward, Kyoto
- Approx. 6 min. walk from Subway Karasuma-line "Kitayama Sta." Exit 4
Approx. 2 min. walk from Kyoto City Bus "Kamigamo-Matsumotocho Stop"
- Land Area
- Private Street Area Included
- Floor Area
- 【Registered】1F: 78.03sqm, 2F: 71.74sqm, Total: 149.77sqm
- Building Structure
- Two Storey Wooden House
- Building Date
- Jan 2009
- 3 Rooms + Living-Dining-Kitchen + Storeroom + Parking Space + Garden
- Adjoining Street
- Street width: 6m (public road), Frontage: 7.29m, Direction: North (approx. number)
- Public Utility
- Electricity, Water Plumbing In/Out, City Gas
- Land Use District
- 【A】area within 25m from the public road: Category 2 Medium-to-High-Rise Exclusive Residential District
【B】area over 25m from the public road: Category 1 Low-Rise Exclusive Residential District
- Legal Restrictions
- 【A・B in common】Piedmont Building Special Preservation and Improvement District North District, Distant View Presentation Zone, Suburban Development Control Area, Outdoor Advertisement Category 2 Regulatory District, Residence Attraction Area
【A solely】12m / Height Control District
【B solely】The minimum size of land area is regulated as 100sqm if divided, 10m / Height Control District
- Current Situation
- Building Coverage Ratio
- Floor Area Ratio
- Land Category
- Residential Land
- Land Tenure
- Geographical Features
- City Planning Act
- Urbanization Promotion Area
- Notification According to National Land Utilization Law
- Not Required
- Elementary School
- Kamigamo Elementary School (approx. 10 min. walk/800m)
- Junior High School
- Kamogawa Junior High School (approx. 18 min. walk/1420m)
- ※The property will be handed over as is.
※The seller is not liable for any defects.
※Furniture is not included in the property price.
※Photos are taken in 2009.
- Transaction Terms
- Hachise as a Broker (Agent commission required when concluding contract)
- Sales Representatives
- (EN) Aya Kito / Boa Zhang
(JP) Hiroyasu Fukui
- Information Updated
- Jan 23, 2023
- Information will be Updated
- Jan 30, 2023