Share house Q&A
- Q：Is there any staff for each of the share houses?
- A：Yes, but not all the time. Staff will only visit the share house when needed. For example, when shared amenities are damaged or when they run out.
- Q：Can I smoke in the share house?
- A：No smoking is allowed inside the share house property.
- Q：Can I live with a friend or spouse in the same room?
- A：Only 1 person is allowed to live in each room.
- Q：Can my friends or family visit the share house?
- A：Yes, from 9am to 11pm.
- Q：Can my friends or family stay over at the share house?
- A：Yes, but only if they are the same gender as the resident. Please apply 3 days before the stay over date, and the cost will be 500yen each night.
- Q：Is there a curfew?
- A：No, but please refrain from making loud noises when you come back late.
- Q：Will the lights be turn off at a certain time?
- A：No, but please be considerate to other residents when using shared spaces after 11pm.
- Q：Will there be internet?
- A：Yes, wireless internet is available in each share house.
- Q：Can I have pets inside the share house?
- A：Unfortunately no, the resident will be asked to leave the share house if they have pets without permission.
- Q：Do the residents have to take turn cleaning the house?
- A：Yes, residents will take turn in simple daily chores like throwing out garbages.
- Q：Who is going to clean the shared/common space?
- A：Cleaning staff will clean the shared/common spaces once every week.
- Q：Do we share dishwares or seasonings for cooking?
- A：Yes but only for the ones provided by Hachise. Please refrain from using private items from other residents.
- Q：How will the utility bills or amenities fee be paid?
- A：They are all included in the monthly utility fee. Please note that the monthly utility fee may be increased if the total usage of the house increases over a certain amount.
- Q：Is there a time limit to using the shower or bathroom?
- A：During 8pm to 10pm, the time limit for shower is 15 minutes, and bathroom is 30 minutes.
- Q：Won't the shower or bathroom get really crowded at night?
- A：Generally no as the residents will finish faster when crowded.
- Q：Can I use the kitchen all the time?
- A：Yes the kitchen is open 24 hrs.
- Q：Is there a cost to using the shower or laundry machine?
- A：No they are free to use.
- Q：Is there a certain time to use the laundry machine?
- A：You should use the laundry machine from 7am to 0am (midnight).
- Q：Is there any space to dry my clothes?
- A：You can dry your clothes inside your room or shared drying space.
- Q：Are there any parking spots for car or bicyles?
- A：Yes but only for bicycles.
- Q：Is it okay to leave my personal items in the shared space?
- A：Yes if you leave your items in the shared storages. Please refrain from leaving your personal items out in the open in the shared spaces.
- Q：Can I change the interior of my private room?
- A：You can decorate the room without making changes to the existing interior. We ask the residents to return the room to its original state when they leave.
- Q：Can I use the room as my office?
- A：No the rooms cannot be used as office.
- Q：Can I connect to the internet from my room?
- A：Yes, the wireless internet provided in each share house will be shared among all residents and can be accessed from each room.
- Q：Is there any air conditioning in the room?
- A：Yes there is AC in each room.
- Q：Is there any storage space?
- A：Yes but the storage size depends on each room.
- Q：Can I play instruments in my room?
- A：Generally no, except for KyoDanran Nishijin where instruments are allowed in the warehouse.
- Q：Is there any furnitures I shouldn't bring when moving in?
- A：Please refrain from bringing large size furnitures such as pianos or tall bookshelves.
- Q：Can I set up my own TV in the room?
- A：Yes, broadcast television is available.
- Q：Does each room come with a key and lock?
- Q：Can I apply for rooms that are currently not available?
- A：No, but we can contact you when your desired room becomes vacant.
- Q：What will the utility cost be used for?
- A：It will be used for electricity, gas, water, internet, cleaning fee, toilet paper, and detergent in the common area. It may also be used for neighborhood association (chonaikai) fee.
- Q：What is the total cost in the begining when moving in?
- A：You will need to prepare for first month rent, initial deposit, utility fee, guarantee company fee, and fire insurance fee.
- Q：Can I renew the contract if I wish to stay longer?
- A：Yes, you can renew the contract with mutual agreement between the landlord and resident.
- Q：Does it cost to renew contract?
- A：Each new contract will cost 10,000yen (excluding tax).
Viewing and Applications
- Q：Is share house viewing only by reservation?
- A：Yes, please use the contact form in each share house page to set up an appointment with our staff.
- Q：Is there a certain time for share house viewing?
- A：Generally within our office hour. Please contact us for more detail.
- Q：Can I meet the residents during the share house viewing?
- A：Due to privacy reasons we do not arrange meetings to meet the residents, however you can say hi if you see the residents during the share house tour.
- Q：Can I bring my friends or family together during the share house viewing?
- A：Yes, but please let us know in advance if you will bring families or friends.
- Q：Is there an interview when applying for vacant room?
- A：No, but Hachise has the right to decline an application if some requirements are not being met.
*Applicant requirements differ on each share house so please check each share house page for detail.
- Q：Can I apply for vacant rooms without going for a share house viewing?
- A：Unfortunately no, you can only apply for a vacant room after having seen the share house in person.
- Q：How long does it take before I can move in?
- A：It takes around 1 week since the application date to the actual contract. After the contract you can move in anytime.
- Q：Can I stay for only short term?
- A：No, the shortest contract will be 1 year up.
- Q：What do I need to prepare when applying for vacant room?
- A：Lease contract application from, guarantee company application form, Income certificate, and your ID.
- Q：What counts as ID?
- A：Japanese citizen：Driver's License, Health Insurance Card, Passport.
Non-Japanese：Passport, Residence "Zairyu" Card, VISA from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- Q：Where does the contract signing take place?
- A：Contact signing will take place at Hachise office in Kyoto. Please follow the map here.
- Q：How will I be charged if I move out during the middle of a month?
- A：Yes, you will be charged for the month (rent and utility fee) even if you move out during the middle of a month.
- Q：How early do I need to notify Hachise about moving out?
- A：At least 1 month before your move out date.
- Q：Is there any penalty for moving out earlier than what's stated in the contract?
- A：Yes, for detail please contact our staff.
- Q：Can I leave things in the share house when moving out?
- A：No, please let us know if there are unwanted items when you move.
- Q：How will the last day of moving out be like?
- A：Please make sure your room is back to its original state (no furnitures) on the last day, and our staff will be there in person to confirm.
- Q：When will I recieve the initial deposits after moving out?
- A：After moving out, our staff will confirm if there are any damages or stain in the room. If everything is okay, we will return the deposit to you within 1 month via bank transfer.
- Q：Are there any parties or events inside each share house?
- A：Each share house hosts events on a regular basis. You can see the event photos on our KyoDanran Facebook Page.
- Q：Do different share houses hold events together?
- Yes, Hachise organize events to allow residents from different share houses to meet each other. During such events, residents can invite their friends to attend as well.
Please understand that some rules may be different depending on each share house.